Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Website
- Ahimsa Wellness, Walnut Creek, CA
- Andy’s Produce Market, Sebastopol, CA
- Bozeman Wellness Center, Bozeman, MT
- Community Market, Sebastopol, CA
- Gallagher Family Chiropractic, Bakersfield, CA
- Health First, Windsor, CA
- Imagine X Functional Neurology, Santa Barbara, CA
- OCSC Sailing School Store, Berkeley, CA
- PuraLuna Apothecary, Santa Barbara, CA
- Rejuvenation & Well-Being Clinic, Cotati, CA
- San Francisco Sailing Company, San Francisco, CA
- Santa Barbara Sailing Center, Santa Barbara, CA
- Santa Barbara Winery, Santa Barbara, CA
- SEALS Watersports, Santa Rosa, CA
- Shelton’s Natural Foods Market, Healdsburg, CA
- Tranquil Desires, Chamberlain, SD
- Village Pharmacy, Incline Village, NV
- Wendy Thayer Acupuncture Clinic, Santa Rosa, CA
- West Marin Pharmacy, Point Reyes Station, CA
- Workshop Craft Hairdressing, Santa Rosa, CA
- West Marine online
- West Marine, Fajardo, PR
- West Marine, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- West Marine, West Islip, NY
- West Marine, Middletown, RI
- West Marine, Sarasota, FL
- West Marine, Old Saybrook, CT
- West Marine, Newport Beach, CA
- West Marine, Woburn ,MA
- West Marine, St. Petersburg, FL
- West Marine, North Palm Beach, FL
- West Marine, Fort Myers, FL
- West Marine, Honolulu, HI
- West Marine, Marin City, CA
- West Marine, Portland, OR
- West Marine, Chicago, IL
- West Marine, Virginia Beach, VA
- West Marine, San Juan, PR
- West Marine ,Key Largo, FL
- West Marine, Deerfield Beach, FL
- West Marine, Port Clinton, OH
- West Marine, Saint Clair Shores, MI
- West Marine, Tampa, FL
- West Marine, Lake Havasu City, AZ
- West Marine, Hyannis, MA
- West Marine, Marathon, FL
- West Marine, Baltimore, MD
- West Marine, Alameda, CA
Both GoPatch Motion Sickness patches as well as GoPatch Menstrual Cramps patches are proprietary blend of active homeopathic ingredients. They are free of side-effects and have no known contra-indications.
Drowsiness will NOT occur when you apply our patches, unlike many over the counter remedies for motion sickness. You will NOT feel spacey.
There are no harmful affects on the liver when you use our patches, a large concern with other over the counter pain medications for period cramps.
There is no risk of overdose with our patches.
There is no risk of withdrawal symptoms when you stop using our patches.
Our patches are discreet, no one will know you struggle with motion sickness, nausea or are experiencing menstrual period cramps as the patch is worn over the navel and hidden from view (unless you’re wearing a bikini!).
It varies from individual to individual and for which of our patches we are discussing:
Most women have reported immediate relief of period cramps when applying GoPatch Menstrual Cramps patches. Other women experience menstrual cramps relief within 15 minutes. We recommend applying the patch ahead of time if you know your period cramps and PMS symptoms are on the way.
When ALREADY experiencing the signs of car sickness and sea sickness, individuals report relief within 15-30 minutes of using GoPatch Motion Sickness patches, remember this is AFTER the motion sickness has already started. We recommend applying our patch BEFORE engaging in activities (flying, boating, cruising, amusement park rides, car rides) that may contribute to sea sickness and car sickness symptoms. However if you did not know you had sensitivity to motion, for example, apply as soon as you experience the first signs and natural, safe and fast-acting relief is on its way.
Both of our patches, GoPatch Motion Sickness and GoPatch Menstrual Cramps, can be worn for 12 hours. Skin sensitivity varies between individuals, please adjust accordingly if you have extremely sensitive skin.
Like other low potency (dosage) homeopathic remedies, GoPatch patches have no known contraindications or side effects, unlike other nausea medication or remedies for menstrual cramps. As with any bandage that is applied to the skin, there is always a possibility of redness after removal as a very thin layer of skin or hair may be removed. We highly recommend removing your patch in the shower to minimize this possibility. Remove the patch by pulling/rolling it back on itself, not by lifting straight up and pulling off.
Yes, other medications can be safely taken while using our homeopathic patches. We never advise that you stop any medication prescribed by your doctor if you wish to use our products, please first consult with your physician if choosing GoPatch as a drug free alternative.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, ask your health care professional before taking any medication, including GoPatch homeopathic patches. If your health care professional needs more information on our patches, they can contact us at WeCare@TheGoPatch.com
While we love herbal products, GoPatch patches are not an herbal product. Our patches contain homeopathic remedies which are applied over an acupuncture point. Homeopathic medicine uses very diluted amounts of mineral, flower, and plant based substances. The FDA considers homeopathic medicines as drugs. Herbal products are considered food products; therefore it is not necessary for herbal products to be manufactured with the same compliance procedures as homeopathic products.
The FDA requires homeopathic products to be manufactured in accordance with the FDA finished pharmaceutical Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) because it views them as drugs. Our manufacturing facilities are inspected by the FDA for cleanliness, quality and testing.
Yes, GoPatch Motion Sickness patches are completely safe for use by young children. Please consult with your health care practitioner for children under 2 years of age.
While it is not advised to take oral homeopathic medicines with food (especially strong flavors), this is not true for our patches as they are not consumed orally. To date, we have not found that eating or drinking alters the efficacy of GoPatch patches in any way. We do advise that you avoid eating mint, either as tea, gum or candies, as that is known to decrease the action of homeopathics.
Unlike with oral homeopathic medicines, touching GoPatch patches will not reduce the effectiveness of the patch. However, touching could result in removing some of the adhesive or “stickiness” of the patch. When applying our patches, we recommend that you peel back one-half of the white backing of the patch, lie that over half of your navel, press down and then remove the rest of the white backing. Assure that the patch has made a COMPLETE seal and entirely COVERS your navel. Once applied, try to avoid touching the patch or picking at its edges so that it remains in place.
No, we do not recommend using the patches after the expiration date. You can find the expiration date on the back of our packaging.
Yes, we donate a portion of our profits to The Climate Mobilization Project, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to growing a movement of people calling for a truth-based response to climate change that matches the scope, scale, and speed of the emergency. Their work is having a major impact on U.S. and international climate action strategy. I believe in them because they have a holistic view of both the personal and planetary challenges we must overcome in order to restore a safe climate and a thriving biosphere.